Your Google + page might be the first chance you have to make a good impression.
If you have ever conducted a search on Google, you will notice that the first few listings are generally links to Google + pages. This is particularly the case when you are searching for a local business.
That said, when your prospective patient base does a Google search for a dentist, you and your competition show up in the first few listings.
Given how important these pages are when a local search is conducted for your services, isn’t it important that your page be designed to impress and acquire new patients? Don’t you think it is time that your dental marketing plan includes an optimized Google + page?
I haven’t seen many dental practice Google + pages that take advantage of the awesome marketing power of Google +. Your Google page could be the first impression your prospective patient has of you. Here are a few things you can do to configure your Google + page.
- Make sure the banner and overall page theme is the same branding as the rest of your marketing, particularly your website.
- Make sure you add the basic information about your practice so that folks know who you are.
- Make sure you are collecting patient reviews on a regular basis. Send out a link in your eblasts/newsletter or offer a computer to your patients as they leave your office. Ask them to write a review on their way out.
- Share your content with your Google + audience.
- Share patient images, if given approval to do so, on your Google + page. Google + is placing an emphasis on visual content much like that of Pinterest. As a dentist you have a unique opportunity to showcase your work using images.
- Engage your staff to help you manage your Google + page. They might not only have the time, but also the desire and personality to do so.
If you have questions about how to set up your Google + page and optimize it for your dental practice, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at email@example.com.